Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Eighty-Seven

Recovery

I didn't do much between RAO and the Cascade 1200.

I rode lead bike for Paula's new "Drop Top 10K" on June 11th. Greg Pressler was the announcer for the race, and he interviewed me - asked me questions about doing RAO on a fixie - to kill some time while runners were coming in. Greg announces at the RAAM finishes too! I understand he was there again this year. I can't imagine how emotional it must have been.

Besides the 10K ride, I think my longest ride was about 45 minutes, and more often than not I didn't ride at all. I was concerned about my tendon healing up, so I was doing a lot of light streatching and heal raises on the stairs. Maybe that helped, or maybe it was just a matter of time. Either way, the achilles didn't bother me much at all during the 1200. By the last day my right knee was hurthing, though. But that's another story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home