Monday, September 04, 2006

One Hundred Sixty-One


the damage Posted by Picasa

Saturday we went to the beach. I wanted to go on Sunday, because I hadn't finished measuring the Pints course, and I wanted to get that done with some time to spare in case something went wrong. Julia wanted the kids to have a couple of days to rest before school, so Saturday it was. As I feared, the problems began the next day when Julia started backing the Saturn out of the driveway and nearly ran over the bike I was going to use to measure the course. Luckily, the only thing damaged was one of the new cork grips that I had just glued onto the bars. I tried using spray adhesive, but it didn't seem to be setting up at all. Then I tried liquid nails, which worked better, but still took some time to dry. That's why the bike was leaned up against the car in the sun - to help the glue dry faster.

In case you're wondering, I'm NOT going to comment on who was more at fault - me for leaning the bike against the car, or Julia for almost running over it... Nope. Not going there. (I keep telling myself this is good training for dealing with issues during RAAM.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home