Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ninety-Six Point Five


STP Bike Posted by Picasa

The Lemond taking a much deserved rest before the ride back to Hillsboro (on the MAX).

Note the Powercranks. I finished 206 miles in just under 14 hours with one flat. (Remind me to change that rear tire.) Before STP I had ridden maybe 20 miles on the PCs. This was also my first long ride on my Speedplay Frogs. Andrew @ Powercranks wrote "The most anyone had ever pedaled after 3 days was 100 miles, a pro at the time!"

It takes a while to get comfortable pedaling out of the saddle. Heck, maintaining a consistent, smooth cadence IN the saddle isn't exactly easy. I don't like sitting for a long time, so I did lots of one-legged pedaling (5-10 revolutions at a time per leg), which allowed me to stand up more often. Climbing was really hard. There's no way I could have done the Cascade 1200 on PCs, but at least I could coast for the first time in about a year.

Andrew was surprised to hear that my hip flexors weren't sore today. Unfortunately, the infamous left achilles and right knee were making their presence known. It's not that bad, but I've got to rehibilitate those injuries this month, because Ring of Fire is first thing in August, then there's the East-to-West record later in the month (hopefully), followed by the 508 in October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home