Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One Hundred Fifty-Six

If it's not a garlic, it's an onion...

If I make it to the start with a bike and a crew it's all down hill from there.

Yesterday I decided to pull the cranks off and investigate the clicking sound that seemed to be coming from the bottom bracket. After applying some hefty tourque to the right hand cup (pedals have left hand threads on the left, bottom brackets are reverse threaded on the RIGHT!), I screwed my head on straight and managed to get the bottom bracket out. Was the thing busted before I messed with it? I'll probably never know. In any event, it was time for a new one. Great. Just what I needed.

Joshua (Cycle Path) said he could score me an SKF bb by Friday. Looks like I'll be wrenching the drive train at the 11th hour. Fitting, I suppose. I still don't have the Nokon cable attached to my front brake yet. Oh yeah, did I mention that there isn't enough clearance to install the Paul V-brakes "correctly" on my fork? I've got to turn the brake pad brackets around backwards. That means I have to get them positioned and tightened down before I slide the brakes over the studs. Pictures would be worth more than words. Maybe if I have time. Speaking of which...

Zzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home