Friday, September 29, 2006

One Hundred Seventy-Six


Exhibits Posted by Picasa

There were so many exhibits at Interbike. I was only able to focus on a few. Mostly, I just walked around gawking at the displays. Exhibitors are there to make contact with distributors to sell more stuff. I didn't want to interfere with that mission. In fact, I genuinely wanted to help in some small way if I could. Compared to a lot of people who attend Interbike, I'm pretty green when it comes to knowing the cycling industry. But I have started to develop my own sense of personal taste, and I tried to take some pictures of and talk to people about products I admire as well as anything that looked like it might be of interest to the fixed-gear / single-speed community.

My camera is an el-cheap-o Cool Pix 3200, and I am not an experienced phtographer. Nevertheless, I managed to get a few decent shots of an Ant Bike (note the front fender); a single-speed high-wheeler; the Nitto booth (love their bars and stems); some Suzue hubs; two Pacific Northwest studs (wearing Cyclepath and LogiTel jerseys) representing iNSiDE RiDE, makers of the most technoligically advanced rollers I've ever seen; the famous Vanilla single-speed tricycle; Rohloff hubs (up close and inside); Peter White's SON hub generator and light display, Speedplay's Museum of Pedal History (as well as some close-ups of their new cleat design); a bunch of American Classic wheels; some Cane Creek SCR-5 brake levers (affordable alternative to those spendy carbon Campy Record levers); the Henry James exhibit; and lots of great Phil Wood stuff: grease, oil and bearings, hubs and cogs, a spoke machine, Brent, Greg, and Greg's new bike with a White Industries crankset and freewheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home