Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Seventeen

Keep your feet on the pedals!

It's not always as easy as it sounds. I wanted to get some miles in after work. Problem was my speedplays are on the Lemond (no light) and it was getting dark. Also, it finally started raining again for the first time this month. So I decided to take Bob (light, fenders, rack, bag to carry a movie back to Blockbuster, etc.) out for a spin. Thing is, right now Bob just has some old pedals that used to have toe straps. Thinking they would keep my feet nice and cosy, I laced up a pair of Cochran jump boots and headed out the door.

Mistake! Just ask anyone who's ever tried riding a fixed gear with tiny plastic pedals in jump boots in the rain. On the first downhill my feet slid off the pedals and I found myself holding my legs up in the air waiting for gravity to slow me down. I couldn't just turn around and call it quits though. After all, I took all that time to put on my rain gear. I tried taking it easy, but still I almost fell off the pedals once when I stood up. A few miles later I called it quits. I really need those frogs and a new pair of Sidi's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home