Monday, May 09, 2005

Sixty-One


At Timberline Lodge Posted by Hello

Here I am in front of Timeberline Lodge around 6 PM Sunday.

Saturday we rode from Long Creek to Prineville, and on Sunday from Prineville to Timeberline. I don't completely trust everything my HR monitor says. Seems like it under-reports my speed when I'm spun out on decents. Nevertheless, here are the stats according to Polar:

Date: 5/7/2005
Time: 9:30 AM
Duration: 9:48:38
Distance: 138.9 miles
Ascent: 6841 ft.

Date: 5/8/2005
Time: 7:14 AM
Duration: 10:50:11
Distance: 133.5
Ascent: 9419

The climb up Timberline was a nice exclamation point to a weekend of great riding. My speed going up the hill varied between 6-8 mph until the last mile or so when it hovered just above 5.

There were too many great things about the weekend to list them all. But I can't finish without saying how neat it was to be out on the road at the same time the 3-day training camp was going on. I met George and Terri, the Llamas (Ken and Lisa), Tom and Andreas (two machines), and saw lots of other folks on bikes. So cool!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey John, great to see you out on the road! You really rock that thing up the hills. Scott is an animal, he passed Lisa and I Sunday like we were crawling. :D I guess Sarah got a flat just after I passed her, but our crew stopped and helped.

It looks like you got to Timberline Lodge before the weather turned nasty. I think I was just hitting the bottom when you were summiting. It got even worse later. :(

4 weeks and countign!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home