Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two Hundred Thirty

"The hay should be in the barn by now."

George Porter, my first manager at Intel, said that one year as the annual performance review process was getting underway. It's one of those quotes that's stuck with me for some reason. And it's certainly relevant today.

I've been thinking a lot about tapering lately. How much time should I take off? How many miles should I be riding per week? How frequently should I be on the bike? How intense should the workouts be?

I'm not sure what the best answers to those questions are, but generally speaking I'm convinced it's better to error on the side of "too little" rather than "too much" at this point.

In my quest for knowledge, I found this ultrarunning website:

http://www.ultrunr.com/

It has an interesting section about tapering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home