Monday, July 16, 2007

Go Jenn!

Saturday Matthew, Laura and I drove to Woodland to help with the Green Mountain Criterium & Hill Climb. I brought a bike for the hill climb but didn't use it. Instead, I enjoyed watching some exciting crit racing while trying to keep traffic off the course.

Across the street from where I was standing, the VFW was serving biscuts and gravy, eggs, and coffee for $4. Jackie, who works for the Woodland Chamber of Commerce, brought me some. Yum!

All the races were fun to watch. During the womens race, I cheered for someone who was off the front and showing no signs of coming back. Afterward, I found out who she was - the famous Jenn Wangerin. The Oregonian ran a neat article about her last Monday, so I was tickled when I had a chance to hang out with her for a while. Jenn and I are both from Indiana. We chatted about the movie Breaking Away. Turns out she lived on one of the streets where the movie was filmed, and I just watched it a few days before leaving for RAAM. I tried to get Jenn to ride on a two-person team with me at Race Across Oregon next weekend. She seemed to be interested, but a friend of hers who she is riding to Alaska with next Monday shot us the evil eye and informed us that she is NOT doing RAO the weekend before their trip. Oh well...

Go Jenn!

1 Comments:

Blogger John Henry said...

John,

Congrats on RAAM!
Good luck on RAO!

But most of all, have FUN!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home