Friday, June 29, 2007

Twelve Days Two Hours Eleven Minutes



Thank you RAAM for a fixed cut off time this year! In my opinion, that's the secret to attracting average Joes like myself. That said, a finish within 48 hours of the winner would be a good carrot to chase next time. Could it be done on a single speed? Good question. I definitely have room for improvement in the training department as well as the execution of the race itself. I've heard that people tend to burn out (or maybe "peak" is a better word) after about four RAAMs. Not sure where the money or crews are going to come from. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I had a couple of nice conversations with Greg Pressler and Perry Stone yesterday.

Sunday we leave Indiana for the trip home. We plan to take about four days to drive back with the kids.

Internet access has been limited, and I won't have a computer handy on the way back to Oregon. I've also got over 1000 digital pictures to sift through. Sooner or later I'll get some more pictures up on the blog and see how many details I can remember from the race.

Time for some pizza.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home