Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thirty

I made an appearance at work this morning, then left to pick up my rollers from Allison. We agreed to meet at the Oak/1st street MAX station at noon.

I left on Bob around 10:00. It took me about an hour and a half of relatively easy riding to get there. I felt kind of tired. Maybe it was too much sleep last night. I went up Old Germantown road, along skyline, down Barnes (a nice curvy road near the Pitock mansion) and then flew down Burnside into Portland. 22.6 miles total.

Near Oak street, I was entertained for a while by a group protesting a timber sale. One guy was dangling about 10 feet in the air from a massive tripod he had erected in the middle of the road. Police officers were all over the place, but they didn't seem concerned.

I bought three soft tacos at a corner restaurant and took them over to a bench at the MAX station. Allison showed up just as I was about to start on the second one. She had my rollers and a bottle of wine as a thank-you present. That was really nice of her. Fortunately, I had a pannier that I could carry it home it in. I rode the MAX back to Quatama and then rode a precarious mile back to the house with one hand on the handlebars and the other clutching the rollers. I celebrated my safe return home with a glass of Jean-Luc Colombo 2000 La Tuiliere Crozes Hermitage.

I pasted the word CAUTION on the sign tonight. Two more words to go: BICYCLE AHEAD.

FedEx delivered the digital camera this morning shortly before I left. Soon I'll be able to liven things up around here with some pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi John,

What are you using to make the letters from? I must have missed that. I've been working on pace car stuff, and we are planning on painting (Florescent Orange) the letters on.

Ken
Candy Ass Llama

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home