Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Twenty-Seven

I just took my pulse. It's 57 bpm. I suppose that qualifies as my morning resting heart rate. After all, it is 3:30 AM. Why am I even awake? Well, I had to pee. Then I decided to check my email (stupid, I know). Then I started looking at heart rate monitors and thinking about places to ride. And in the back of my mind, I kid myself that maybe I'll go out for an early morning ride before work if the weather doesn't look too foreboding.

Last night I rode 7.5 miles in about 30 minutes. I didn't have much time because I had to take David and Lara to Tae Kwon Do. While they were at practice I took my cleats apart, put lock tight on all the screws and put them back together. When we got home I did some stretching.

Yesterday I talked with Michelle Grainger on the phone. She's the cycling coach John Hughes recommended. I've got to compile a bunch of information for her about my training history and plans. I've never worked with a cycling coach before, so this is new territory for me. I'm looking forward to the experience, but at the same time I'll be keeping one eye on my wallet and asking myself whether it's worth it. Nothing against coaches. It's just that athletics is my hobby - dare I say passion? - not my livelihood. Of course, Spendy approves wholeheartedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home