Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Twenty-Four

After work I hopped on the bike and road 18 miles in 1:08 including track "stands" at lights and a brief stop at the Tae Kwon Do school to see if that's were David and Lara were. I looped by the trestle again. At the top of the hill a woman was riding a horse. I tried to pass as far to the left as I could, but I still startled the horse as I went by. I said "sorry", but I got the feeling my apology wasn't appreciated. What can you do?

Just checked the weather forecast. Now it says 90% chance of rain on Saturday. Great. At least it's only a 200K brevet. I better start thinking about what I'm going to wear and carry. I'll probably ride Bob, but his bottom bracket (or something related to the drive train) has been awfully creaky lately.

The coffee story, you ask? I popped 80 cents into the freaking machine this afternoon and the cup drops down at an angle. I tried to prop it up so it wouldn't spill all over the place when the automatic door opened. But as soon as I pried the door open to fix it, the machine stopped filling up the cup, and I was left with not even a 1/4 cup of coffee. So I raced down to the cafe thinking I'll fill it up before they close. On my way past the register I make a comment about how the machine jipped me. Instead of a smile and an "I feel your pain" look, the cashier (a manager at that) gives me a dirty look and says the machines are operated by a different company. Come on! I opened a cafeteria for how many years? You're about to close and dump all that coffee down the drain and now you expect me to give you another dollar for filling my cup up? It's not even your company's cup for crying out loud. GGCB! Not my day, I guess. Oh yeah, Raj got a job offer today, so now it's just me and Ed passing the pager back and forth like a hot potato. Did I say it wasn't my day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home