Monday, December 11, 2006

Two Hundred Eleven


I should have taken a camera to the Community Cycling Center's Holiday Bike Drive on Sunday. But I didn't - sigh. You'll just have to settle for a picture from the Oregonian instead (above). Another nice shot was on the front page of today's paper. It was an honor to be a small part of this wonderful event. I worked at one of the bike safety stations from 12-4. Afterwards, a few of us helped unload the left over bikes from a truck so they could be stored in a warehouse. I could keep gushing about the CCC. Instead, go to their website and see for yourself. Better yet, make a trek to the store and donate a bike, or buy a bike, or a bike part (the rear wheel that came with my Lemond is currently for sale - $60). Best, why not volunteer some of your time?

It's been a few days. Let's see...

Saturday and Sunday I was a safety marshal and a timer at the Paul Bergen Jr. International Championship hosted by the Thunderbolts swim club. A message on the Thunderbolt's website notes that:
Overall, the thunderbolts won 7 events, placed 2nd in 6 events and 3rd in 4 events! This was a very exciting meet with very fast swimming. If you missed it, you should mark December 7-9, 2007 on your calendar for next years competition!

Thursday I rode about 100 miles. I did the first 50 miles with Matthew, then I took a short break for a Northwest Earth Institute meeting, followed by another 50. Then I ate dinner and drove to the CCC to work on bikes for a few hours. I was orginally planning to ride downtown, but it was getting late and cold so I took the easy way out. Oh yeah - Matthew showed me a really neat road that I had never ridden before. (Thanks!)

The previous Sunday I packed everyone's bike in the van and drove to Champoeg state park. We rode around the park, which gave me a chance to do reconnaissance for some changes Paula asked me to make to the Hippie Chick course. The start/finish will be in the Oak Grove area next year instead of by the Pavillion. (Did I let the cat out of the bag?)

I'm already forgetting the details of my other work outs. I suppose I could remember some if tried really hard, but the thought makes my brain hurt. Too bad so sad. Time marches on...

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home